There is a lot of work for us to do in our daily life.
What if our body pain becomes a barrier to doing our daily basic work?
This pain could be because of some fractures or damage or sometimes ailments. So first take the doctor’s advice on your knee pain.
The orthopedic doctor is a specialist in all joint and knee pain.
Therefore, meeting an orthopedic can be the best way to start the treatment. The Orthopedic Doctor can also suggest to you the best diet and exercises to relieve knee pain.
The doctor’s Statement can vary based on the cause of the knee pain of the patient.
What are the Causes of Knee Pain?
Different patients have different experiences with knee pain. This is based on the different causes that every patient goes through.
Some of the causes of knee pain are: –
1) ACL Injury
If there is damage caused on the anterior cruciate ligament, then the injury is termed an ACL injury. The work of this Ligament is to connect our shinbone to the thigh bone.
In this kind of injury, the damage is caused to the ligament and bones. This causes pain and torment in the knee area.
Obesity is one of the main reasons for a lot of pressure on the knee joint.
Obesity can create problems even in performing simple and basic activities like running, jumping, walking, and many more.
Being overweight can create a lot of pressure and trouble in the kneecap making it immensely painful.
Osteoarthritis is one of the most common forms of arthritis. It mainly happens with people of middle and old age. But in the recent year of research, it is proved that it affects people of all age groups.
It causes wear and tears in the knee and cartilage. It causes immense pain in the knee area.
4) Dislocated Kneecap
In some cases, the kneecap slips out of its place. This causes sudden and severe pain and makes the patient disable in doing any work.
The dislocation happens in the Patella, which is a very important part of the knee. Hence the patient faces severe knee pain in the knee area.
A fracture in the knee area due to any kind of accident can lead to pain in the knee area.
Knee Pain Exercises at Home
These are the top five knee-strengthening exercises that will help you to reduce your knee pain.
1) Straight Leg Raises
This exercise health and benefits and strengthens muscles in our quadriceps and hip flexors.
The regular exercise of straight leg raises again help to lower the risk of back injuries, back pain, and hip pain, and knee joint pain.
To do it:
- First Rest on the mat.
- Twist one knee, keeping the foot level.
- Gradually lift one leg while keeping the other straight.
- Raise it to the level of the contrary knee.
- Rehash 5-15 times for up to 3 sets.
The Karl shells exercise helps to strengthen the gluteus medius. This gluteus medius is located on the outer edge of the buttocks.
This clamshell exercise can help us to balance our muscular power. This is the best exercise to relieve knee pain.
This exercise is easy to do yet can deliver enormous profits. As you get more grounded, move forward with this activity by utilizing an obstruction band simply over the knees.
- Lie on your side with your hips stacked and knees easily bowed.
- Holding your feet together, lift the top knee up, copying the development of a clamshell opening.
- Stand firm on the footing for a couple of moments, then leisurely lower the knee back down.
- Pursue 15-20 redundancies on each side.
3) Standing Quad Stretch
The main benefit of standing quad stretch exercise is that it activates the muscles and stimulates blood flow.
This also increases the flexibility of the body and the knee area.
To do it:
- Stand on a solitary leg.
- Twist your right leg at the knee.
- Stretch around your body to get a handle on your lower leg with your contrary hand.
- Pull your stomach muscles tight while you stand straight.
- Loosen up your shoulders as you hold your lower leg.
- Tenderly draw your lower leg back towards your body and hold for 30 seconds and afterward rehash. You will feel extending in your quadriceps muscles.
- Play out this stretch activity somewhere multiple times per side.
4) Quad Set
It helps in building and maintaining the strength of the Muscles of the thigh. It increases the stability of the knee and reduces the risk of knee injuries.
This is also used as a warmup and physiotherapy exercise.
To do it:
- Lie on your back on a bed with your leg straight.
- Drive the rear of the knee into the bed by fixing the thigh.
- You can put a little towel behind the knee and push against it to fix your muscles.
- Hold 5 seconds.
- Unwind. Rehash on another leg.
The hip bridge exercise helps to reduce the pain in the lower back as well as the glutes. It helps in good works of the lower back, and backs of the legs.
This also improves the posture of the body and strengthens the abs.
To do it:
- Lie on your back with your knees bowed and feet on the floor.
- Fix your abs and pelvic floor muscles.
- Press into your feet and lift your hips up a couple of crawls off the floor.
- Keep your shoulder bones in touch with the supporting surface.
- Fix your butt cheek muscles as you gradually bring down your hips.
From the above conversation, you can get help in understanding the top 5 Exercises to Relieve Knee Pain.
The above steps for the exercises to relieve knee pain will definitely help you in treating your problem in a better way.
The rest to do is, you should follow your diet chart with proper medication and exercises.
Also, on the off chance that you think, it is currently becoming extreme to deal with all your problems, then counseling a professional may be ideal.
Our first recommendation will be you should go to the best Orthopedic Doctor in Patna for better treatment and fast recovery.
Hopefully, this blog on exercises to relieve pain helps.